da xue ying yu - ni chi le ma? Have you eaten yet? Everything about China in English, including blogs, pictures, videos, a forum and much more. 英文的所有关于中国的东西,包括博客,图片,视频,一个论坛和更多的东西 Blogs|Forum|Pictures|Videos|Jokes|Contact da xue ying yu - ni chi le ma? Have you eaten yet? Everything about China in English, including blogs, pictures, videos, a forum and much more. 英文的所有关于中国的东西,包括博客,图片,视频,一个论坛和更多的东西
The China-World Forum in English
十二月 08, 2019, 12:38:14 am *
你好! 访客. 请先 登录注册一个帐号.

请输入帐号, 密码以及预计登录时间

首页   博客 帮助 搜索 聊天室*beta* 日历 商店 相册 登录 注册  
页: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  打印  
作者 主题: Read this before reading or posting any jokes!  (阅读 42830 次)
Hugo ~ 秋文韬
傻样儿~
Administrator
Dragon
离线 离线

性别: 男
Trinidad and Tobago Trinidad and Tobago

帖子: 15,370
Referrals: 1220
65541.48 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Hugo ~ 秋文韬

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 于: 六月 24, 2007, 11:24:01 am »

Some of the jokes may not contain language that is appropriate for everyone.
If a joke is NSFW (not safe for work: i.e. it might get you in trouble if you view it at work etc.) then please indicate this in the subject line.

Thank you! Smiley
Enjoy the jokes and keep sharing your jokes with us. Cheesy
已记录

« 于: 六月 24, 2007, 11:24:01 am »

已记录
emily
Peon
离线 离线

帖子: 21
Referrals: 0
115.56 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to emily

查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #1 于: 六月 24, 2007, 12:28:46 pm »

I have a very short joke 
Mother :Tom ,can you tell me why there is only one cake in fridge?
Tom:oh,mother,I didn't see it just now.
已记录
Athena
Select member
Dragon
离线 离线

性别: 女
帖子: 1,531
447.96 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Athena

时代精英

查看个人资料
« 回复 #2 于: 七月 03, 2007, 06:17:57 pm »

Grin
已记录
Melody
Select member
Paper Tiger
离线 离线

帖子: 125
422.88 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Melody

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #3 于: 七月 08, 2007, 03:23:31 pm »

There's a a real story that happened on my friend Apple.
She attended an English oral class, and one day the teacher asked the students to do an experiment and see how Qinhuangdao city has prepared itself for the Olympic games. The game is to test that to what extent the salespeople are English literate. Apple went to a supermarket, and pretended to look for a mop. She asked the salesgirl in English to show her where the mop is, and the salesgirl just stared at her and apparently couldn't understand her. Then she made gestures to let the salesgirl know that it's used for cleaning the floor. She couldn't speak Chinese, that's the rule. At last the salesgirl knew what she was looking for, and get one for her. When Apple left, she heard the salesgirl talking to another salesgirl that "She must be a Korean!"
已记录

Be resolute in my goals!!
Spanky McAwesomepants
VP of Artistic Modification
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

United States United States

帖子: 2,904
6597.32 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Spanky McAwesomepants

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #4 于: 七月 08, 2007, 04:38:25 pm »

There's a a real story that happened on my friend Apple.
She attended an English oral class, and one day the teacher asked the students to do an experiment and see how Qinhuangdao city has prepared itself for the Olympic games. The game is to test that to what extent the salespeople are English literate. Apple went to a supermarket, and pretended to look for a mop. She asked the salesgirl in English to show her where the mop is, and the salesgirl just stared at her and apparently couldn't understand her. Then she made gestures to let the salesgirl know that it's used for cleaning the floor. She couldn't speak Chinese, that's the rule. At last the salesgirl knew what she was looking for, and get one for her. When Apple left, she heard the salesgirl talking to another salesgirl that "She must be a Korean!"

Welcome to my freakin' life. If it ain't people thinkin' I'm Korean, it's them thinkin' I'm Japanese.

Because, y'know, Koreans and Japanese people always only use English to communicate, not the Korean or Japanese languages.

That's the Canadians, I guess?

« 最后编辑时间: 七月 08, 2007, 04:44:56 pm 作者 Tweek178 » 已记录

"It is not up to you to complete the work, but neither are you free to neglect it." - Rabbi Tarfon (ca. 70 -130 CE)
引用
"No. Her Kung-Fu is too powerful." - SMBC

"But then, I thought to myself, 'Wait...I'm Awesome.'"

Burkle = Hope

"Live within the revenue intake, end of story and do not ask taxpayers for more money or increase the debt ceiling until you give us a budget." - Rick Santelli

His name was Marauder Shields.
Melody
Select member
Paper Tiger
离线 离线

422.88 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Melody

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #5 于: 七月 09, 2007, 09:15:25 am »

Because, y'know, Koreans and Japanese people always only use English to communicate, not the Korean or Japanese languages.
That's the Canadians, I guess?
Yup, but Korean students speak better English than Japanese ones in general. And they look different in other ways.
And " That's the Canadians" who are the Canadians?
已记录

Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #6 于: 七月 09, 2007, 10:31:36 am »

I was joking. 

I actually find it somewhat...ignorant for people to assume that, since I'm speaking English, that I must be Korean or Japanese.

If I was Korean or Japanese, why wouldn't I be (default) speaking frikkin' Korean or Japanese?

So I was saying, "Oh, I understand.  Koreans and Japanese people don't speak Korean or Japanese in their countries. Koreans and Japanese people speak English in Korea and Japan.  So who speaks Korean or Japanese in their home country?  The Canadians!"   Wink

But, seriously, to me this comes down to the mistaken idea that you can tell who or what someone is just by looking at them.  Not reading them, mind you, but just from your first impression from their appearance.

I'm Chinese. I was taught to be as proud of that as anyone here. Maybe even more so, since I was born in a place where there aren't so many Chinese people. 

I'm not happy to be mistaken as Korean or Japanese by anyone. Especially by Chinese people.

Why is that?  Think about if you were mistaken for Korean or Japanese over half the time by people around you.    How would you feel?

But the ability to "put oneself in another's shoes" doesn't seem to be something people are taught to do regularly here.

..and don't even get me started on "But you don't look American."

Because, y'know, Every Chinese person has been to America, so you know what all Americans look like, right?  Tongue
已记录

"It is not up to you to complete the work, but neither are you free to neglect it." - Rabbi Tarfon (ca. 70 -130 CE)
引用

Burkle = Hope

"Live within the revenue intake, end of story and do not ask taxpayers for more money or increase the debt ceiling until you give us a budget." - Rick Santelli

Melody
Select member
Paper Tiger
离线 离线

422.88 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Melody

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #7 于: 七月 09, 2007, 11:27:54 am »

I was joking. 

I actually find it somewhat...ignorant for people to assume that, since I'm speaking English, that I must be Korean or Japanese.

If I was Korean or Japanese, why wouldn't I be (default) speaking frikkin' Korean or Japanese?

So I was saying, "Oh, I understand.  Koreans and Japanese people don't speak Korean or Japanese in their countries. Koreans and Japanese people speak English in Korea and Japan.  So who speaks Korean or Japanese in their home country?  The Canadians!"   Wink

But, seriously, to me this comes down to the mistaken idea that you can tell who or what someone is just by looking at them.  Not reading them, mind you, but just from your first impression from their appearance.

I'm Chinese. I was taught to be as proud of that as anyone here. Maybe even more so, since I was born in a place where there aren't so many Chinese people. 

I'm not happy to be mistaken as Korean or Japanese by anyone. Especially by Chinese people.

Why is that?  Think about if you were mistaken for Korean or Japanese over half the time by people around you.    How would you feel?

But the ability to "put oneself in another's shoes" doesn't seem to be something people are taught to do regularly here.

..and don't even get me started on "But you don't look American."

Because, y'know, Every Chinese person has been to America, so you know what all Americans look like, right?  Tongue
You know what, I feel that you have misunderstood my joke and exaggerated its meaning.
Korean or Japanese sometimes speak English in China not because they don't like to speak their only language here but because more people in China know English than Japanses or Korean. When they can't communicate in their language they have to find other ways. And I think it's  natural don't you think! It's like we Chinese people may speak English in Germany if we can't speak German and they can't speak Chinese.
Anyone doesn't like to be mistaken to be another country's person! And we're all proud of our motherland!
It's only a joke. She just did an experiment. Otherwise there's no necessary at all for her to speak  English to the salesgirl especially when the girl couldn't understand her. And it's easy to see why the salesgirl mistook her for Korean. She might think it's impossible that Chinese people don't speak Chinese in China and we Asian people look similar. So she thought "maybe she's an Korean and know that we can't speak Korean so she uses English to ask us for help." And she may consider her as Korean, or she could guess her as Japanese. Whatever, the real situation is that in that day, she did say that"she must be Korean" I just told the fact. And why I told the story here? I simply thought it's funny and the experiment is interesting. I didn't mean to educate people or anything!!
« 最后编辑时间: 七月 09, 2007, 11:31:09 am 作者 Melody » 已记录

Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #8 于: 七月 09, 2007, 11:43:19 am »

Nevermind. This is off-topic.

已记录

引用

Burkle = Hope

sophie
Select member
Dragon
离线 离线

China China

帖子: 1,735
Referrals: 4
3070.56 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to sophie

查看个人资料
« 回复 #9 于: 九月 18, 2007, 02:33:22 pm »

I have a very short joke 
Mother :Tom ,can you tell me why there is only one cake in fridge?
Tom:oh,mother,I didn't see it just now.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
已记录
A plus
Paper Tiger
离线 离线

帖子: 62
192.16 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to A plus

ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

feel_good1126@hotmail.com
查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #10 于: 九月 27, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
已记录

Time together ,Friends forever
sarahcn
Paper Tiger
离线 离线

帖子: 65
260.88 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to sarahcn

查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #11 于: 十一月 08, 2007, 02:29:59 pm »

spanky .  people think you are a Korean or Japanese not only because you speak english .
Your appearent is like a chinese ,but you can not speak Chinese ,so they think you must be a Korean or Japanese,because they think it is not necessary for a chinese to speak english in china .
I do not agree with you that people who assume that is ignorant,and they are truely taught the ability to "put  oneself in another's shoes".
Mistaking you can not prove they are not polite or somewhat not kind to you .Sometimes it is just a kiding .
Being mistaken for a Korean or  a Japanese by people is not so bad.If i were you ,i will not mind that ,after all ,the appearence of people from these three counties is so similar.
So please do not be angry about that ,just forgive them .ok?
I still believe you are a good teacher and kind friend , so do not pay much attention to the mistakes people made .
已记录
sunnyyu
Shayanger!
离线 离线

帖子: 4
57.32 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to sunnyyu

查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #12 于: 十一月 09, 2007, 03:57:39 pm »

I love to hear jokes but I am not good at telling a jokes!
Must learning form you!! Smiley
已记录
wenshikoh
Peon
离线 离线

帖子: 30
99.24 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to wenshikoh

is me wenshi

wenshikoh@hotmail.com koh_wenshi@yahoo.com
查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #13 于: 十一月 18, 2007, 07:12:09 pm »

me too.
 Grin
已记录

Rgds,
wenshikoh
xiaolanchong
Peon
离线 离线

China China

帖子: 22
108.32 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to xiaolanchong

mihugirl_920@hotmail.com
查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #14 于: 十二月 26, 2007, 12:00:28 pm »

wow~ so many words~~~ *v*
已记录

a little lazy, a little silly, a little naughty, a little ...
haha
full of happy #^_^#

已记录
页: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  打印  

跳到:  

China-World Forum rules. Read them or risk being banned!afro smileyafro smiley
English and Chinese language help - share your knowledge or ask your questions!
Places in China - share your knowledge
Forum Help is available here!