da xue ying yu - ni chi le ma? Have you eaten yet? Everything about China in English, including blogs, pictures, videos, a forum and much more. 英文的所有关于中国的东西,包括博客,图片,视频,一个论坛和更多的东西 Blogs|Forum|Pictures|Videos|Jokes|Contact da xue ying yu - ni chi le ma? Have you eaten yet? Everything about China in English, including blogs, pictures, videos, a forum and much more. 英文的所有关于中国的东西,包括博客,图片,视频,一个论坛和更多的东西
The China-World Forum in English
一月 18, 2020, 02:21:28 pm *
你好! 访客. 请先 登录注册一个帐号.

请输入帐号, 密码以及预计登录时间

首页   博客 帮助 搜索 聊天室*beta* 日历 商店 相册 登录 注册  
页: 1 2 [3] 4
  打印  
作者 主题: My dream  (阅读 17309 次)
abcdmouth
Peon
离线 离线

性别: 女
China China

帖子: 46
Referrals: 0
189.92 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to abcdmouth

abcdmouth@126.com
查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #30 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 04:40:12 pm »

in fact I have never thought of this question.my goals?oh yes .what is my favourate job?I don not know now .but next semester ,I will try my  best to overcome my demerit in my study english .I will open my mouth to let everyone know my spoken english is very good .haha
已记录

go go ,come on.
« 回复 #30 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 04:40:12 pm »

已记录
Brbrbrbr
烦人!这么销魂!放狗屁!哇塞!
Dragon
离线 离线

性别: 男
China China

帖子: 4,749
10213.72 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Brbrbrbr

Wat ben je dan?

查看个人资料
« 回复 #31 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:29:34 pm »

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
已记录
Spanky McAwesomepants
VP of Artistic Modification
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

United States United States

帖子: 2,904
6597.32 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Spanky McAwesomepants

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #32 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:31:01 pm »

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

If you're going to quote the man, do give due credit to the good Dr. King.
已记录

"It is not up to you to complete the work, but neither are you free to neglect it." - Rabbi Tarfon (ca. 70 -130 CE)
引用
"No. Her Kung-Fu is too powerful." - SMBC

"But then, I thought to myself, 'Wait...I'm Awesome.'"

Burkle = Hope

"Live within the revenue intake, end of story and do not ask taxpayers for more money or increase the debt ceiling until you give us a budget." - Rick Santelli

His name was Marauder Shields.
Brbrbrbr
烦人!这么销魂!放狗屁!哇塞!
Dragon
离线 离线

China China

10213.72 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Brbrbrbr

Wat ben je dan?

查看个人资料
« 回复 #33 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:33:32 pm »

Spanky, to be honest, I think it's a bloody shame if noone recognizes this as the work of the almighty Luther King.

Same thing with "I'll be back" by the way.  Tongue Noone is gonna mention that it was said by Arnold.  Tongue Everyone KNOWS that.  Tongue
已记录
Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #34 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:47:06 pm »

If this was a forum based anywhere else, with folks from some other country being the lion's share of forumgoers, I might agree with you.

However, here I could see more than a few people thinking that that was your work.

So, for safety's sake, attribute.
已记录

"It is not up to you to complete the work, but neither are you free to neglect it." - Rabbi Tarfon (ca. 70 -130 CE)
引用

Burkle = Hope

"Live within the revenue intake, end of story and do not ask taxpayers for more money or increase the debt ceiling until you give us a budget." - Rick Santelli

Hugo ~ 秋文韬
傻样儿~
Administrator
Dragon
离线 离线

Trinidad and Tobago Trinidad and Tobago

帖子: 15,370
Referrals: 1220
65541.48 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Hugo ~ 秋文韬

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #35 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:49:43 pm »

Spanky, to be honest, I think it's a bloody shame if noone recognizes this as the work of the almighty Luther King.

Same thing with "I'll be back" by the way.  Tongue Noone is gonna mention that it was said by Arnold.  Tongue Everyone KNOWS that.  Tongue
Haha, I can't tell you how many times I have heard this speech in competitions or in class here in China. Next time I'll specify that they have to come up with something of their own. Tongue

EDIT: Spanky, I think most of the members here can recognize this speech. Wink
Haha, but I could be wrong. Roll Eyes
已记录

Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #36 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 06:59:09 pm »

Well, this speech, maybe.  I still see some outliers not knowing, or not making the connection between King's speech and Helan's post of it.

I think it's just better to err on the side of caution.  We have a lot of nascent English learners here, or at least we hope to have them in the future, and I think it's a good idea to get in the habit of attributing almost everything we quote, given many Chinese students' tendency to accept plagiarism as a tolerable practice.

For them, taking credit for someone else's work is normal and wholly acceptable. When we quote without attribution, it would seem to reinforce the idea that it is okay because "everyone knows" what's happening and it's okay. 

If we continue to credit whenever we quote or borrow from other sources, it might give them the idea that they should follow suit instead of allowing others to assume that what they've written is their work alone.

I think this is a place we can draw a line and hope that this idea takes root in whatever percentage of Chinese English students peruse the site.

EDIT: Your quote will preserve my gaffe, but at least I finally made it right. In my defense, I'm typing up Chinese essays right now.  Embarrassed
« 最后编辑时间: 十二月 08, 2007, 07:09:54 pm 作者 Spanky McAwesomepants » 已记录

引用

Burkle = Hope

Hugo ~ 秋文韬
傻样儿~
Administrator
Dragon
离线 离线

65541.48 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Hugo ~ 秋文韬

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #37 于: 十二月 08, 2007, 07:04:50 pm »

Well, this speech, maybe.  I still see some outliers not knowing, or not making the connection between King's speech and Helan's post of it.

I think it's just better to err on the side of caution.  We have a lot of nascent English learners here, or at least we hope to have them in the future, and I think it's a good idea to get in the habit of attributing almost everything we quote, given many Chinese students' tendency to accept plagiarism as a tolerable practice.

For them, taking credit for someone else's work is normal and wholly acceptable. When we quote without attribution, it would seem to reinforce the idea that it is okay because "everyone knows" what's happening and it's okay. 

If we continue to credit whenever we quote or borrow from other sources, it might give them the idea that they should follow suit instead of allowing others to assume that what they've written is their work alone.

I think this is a place we can draw a line and hope that this idea takes root in whatever percentage of Chinese English students that peruse the site.
Agreed. Cool
已记录

SPRING2007
Peon
离线 离线

帖子: 41
161.20 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to SPRING2007

查看个人资料
« 回复 #38 于: 十二月 12, 2007, 09:07:50 am »

my dream is to have enough money to buy my own house.
my dream is to have a good huaband and good children.
very true?
已记录
Hugo ~ 秋文韬
傻样儿~
Administrator
Dragon
离线 离线

65541.48 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Hugo ~ 秋文韬

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #39 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 08:39:14 am »

my dream is to have enough money to buy my own house.
my dream is to have a good husband and good children.
very true?
Haha, I think you can achieve your dreams. Wink

Anything else? Cool
已记录

Brbrbrbr
烦人!这么销魂!放狗屁!哇塞!
Dragon
离线 离线

China China

10213.72 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Brbrbrbr

Wat ben je dan?

查看个人资料
« 回复 #40 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 10:07:21 am »

Ah, my real dream (not the Luther King-dream) is to live in China. I don't need a fancy house or anything. Just average, work from monday till friday and during the weekends I'd like to take my photocamera with me to take pictures of lots of things. Maybe make small trips to some of the beautiful lakes and mountains. And perhaps write a small column in a Dutch newspaper about China so people don't have such a stereotypical view all the time. Oh, and of course I want to be able to speak Chinese at an almost native level.  Tongue And of course I want to visit all my penpals and bring them gifts from the Netherlands.

Something like that.

It's funny how dreams change...I remember that I wanted to be an archeologist when I was a kid. (Inspired by Rome/Greece and dinosaurs.) Then I wanted to be a writer. When that 'period' was over I wanted to be a professional football player, like most boys I guess. Pff, then I wanted to be something with history again, but not so long after that I wanted to be an animator. My previous more realistic "dream" was to be an economist like my dad but for some reason I fell in love with China. I can't remember why exactly...must have been in my subconscious for some time.

Oh, and for totally unrealistic dreams:

I want to be sent back through time to Vienna (during Mozart's life), the middle ages or the Roman Empire during the reign of Caesar. But...I want to be sent back with: my mobile phone, my mp3-player, a ghetto blaster, hundreds of batteries, a calculator working on sunlight, a lighter, a battery recharger working on sunlight and two handguns. So basically when I get there I can show off with all my gadgets. Just imagine walking through the palace in Vienna with Mozart getting ready behind the piano. You step in and you sing: Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Daaaa! (Eine Kleine Nachtmusik) before he even played it on his piano! Mozart's face turns white and his mouth is half opened. Then you continue with Lacrimosa from his Requiem and so on!
Or...imagine walking through the streets of ancient Rome. People look at your clothes. You say: "Quod est?" and smile at all the shocked faces. Then you arrive at the forum. Hundreds of people are gathered there. Caesar is holding a major speech and suddenly you come forward from the crowd. You place your ghetto blaster in front of you and you press the button. "Right Said Fred - I'm too sexy" starts playing and you start dancing to it.  Cheesy All the Romans look at you and they're flabbergasted!

Anyway, you can go almost anywhere and do something cool. Even being sent back to the 50's would be cool. Predict the moonlanding, the war in Vietnam and of course, turn the place upside down with your ghettoblaster with hits from the 90's.  Cheesy Oh, man. If they ever invent a time machine I want to go first!  Tongue
已记录
Hugo ~ 秋文韬
傻样儿~
Administrator
Dragon
离线 离线

65541.48 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to Hugo ~ 秋文韬

查看个人资料 个人网站 电子邮件
« 回复 #41 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 10:59:10 am »

Haha, your dream about going back in time is funny!  rotfl

It seems you'd really like to take away other people's fame though. Sad Tongue
已记录

Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #42 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 12:20:47 pm »

So I'm not the only one who still dreams of that kinda thing...

Um...I meant...um..the archeology thing. Not the "take-over-feudal-China-with-modern-tech" thing. Not that at all. That'd just be silly.
已记录

引用

Burkle = Hope

yolyn
Shayanger!
离线 离线

性别: 女
China China

帖子: 14
87.68 credits

View Inventory
Send Money to yolyn

查看个人资料 电子邮件
« 回复 #43 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 03:28:10 pm »

HAHA,IT SEEMS EVERYBODY HAS SOME GREAT DREAMS.MY DREAM IS TO TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD.BUT AT PRESENT,I JUST WANT TO SEE THE SEA.THERE IS NOT VAST AND BEAUTIFUL SEA IN MY HOMETOWN. Smiley
已记录
Spanky McAwesomepants
Global Moderator
Dragon
离线 离线

6597.32 credits

View Inventory

VIGILO CONFIDO

查看个人资料 个人网站
« 回复 #44 于: 十二月 13, 2007, 07:15:26 pm »

HAHA,IT SEEMS EVERYBODY HAS SOME GREAT DREAMS.MY DREAM IS TO TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD.BUT AT PRESENT,I JUST WANT TO SEE THE SEA.THERE IS NOT VAST AND BEAUTIFUL SEA IN MY HOMETOWN. Smiley
Please. Stop. YELLING!
已记录

引用

Burkle = Hope

已记录
页: 1 2 [3] 4
  打印  

跳到:  

China-World Forum rules. Read them or risk being banned!afro smileyafro smiley
English and Chinese language help - share your knowledge or ask your questions!
Places in China - share your knowledge
Forum Help is available here!